12 Reasons To Print Your Pictures
Technology Has Changed The Way We Make Memories
I for one embrace technology with all my might, but despite this I find myself needing to slow down at times. Nothing beats reading a book I can touch and smell or plonking myself on the bed with the wife and kids on a Sunday morning looking at old photographs.
There is something unique about touching these pictures, very different from looking at them on a tablet or computer. We pass them along and have a laugh out loud, threats are made when a hideous pic or two arises. But we also creating memories as a family.
Why You Should Consider Printing Your PicturesSharing my childhood photographs with my kids over this past weekend got me thinking, that even though I print pictures now and then, there are a bunch of great memories I have captured over last few years that are just sitting on the cloud. Here's why you should print your pictures.
- Bring Your Photos to Life Forever We are the most photographed generation that will have no pictures in 10 years. This generation is geared toward documenting every memory. Smartphones and photo sharing social media platforms like Instagram have made this exercise extremely easy. But none of these images is printed and again they just get lost in the cloud. But what will happen to your memory in a world you are no longer a part of? Print your pics to remember.
- It Makes Your Heart Happy There is something unique about the experience of printing pictures. You spend time carefully selecting the best ones and once you get them, you can't help but smile. And every time you look at them, you are sure to smile.
- Revisit Old Photos & Memories If you just getting into printing your old pics you'll start going through all your archives. It's a lot of fun digging through these pics and finding that gem from 4 years back you just have to print!
- Record & Catalog and Share New Memories Taking the picture is only half the fun. Cataloguing and adding those images to your physical memory bank is even more fun. Share these with family friends, Mom, Dad and Grandma. You'll be making someone's day!
- Be Inspired by Past Events Revisiting old pics and documenting them is a good way to draw some inspirations. You remember great shots, angles and location ideas and inspires your work for future. Refresh old ideas and be inspired by new locations.
- JPGs Deteriorate Over Time JPGs are commonly the default image format in which your photo file is saved in. These files deteriorate over time with use, opening and closing and duplicating. Over time this image will get worse. Print your while they are in their best condition.
- Print Has An “Actual” Presence Putting pictures up in your home or office space creates an actual presence. The memory is stored for years to come and the picture adds a bit of character to its surroundings. It also adds that personal touch and ignites a unique feeling each time you look at it. Mount them, frame them, create a unique art space with your pictures.
- Technology Can Fail You What if your photos are wiped off your device or erased from the cloud. These things happen, devices break, you could delete things by accident and then its all gone. Printing pics help you keep some of those memories, not to say they cant be destroyed as well. But at least you have some pics that could possibly be saved!
- They Make Great Gifts The older generation love printed pics. Send your Grandparents or Parents some standard and sized prints of you, your family and cute things your kids have done. They love nothing more than feeling like they are part of the family and sharing your memories with you. Print your pics because family is everything!
- Watch Your Kids Grow Up Your kids grow up so fast before you know it they packing up to uni and leaving you behind. Celebrate their growth and wonder years by printing pics of their growing years. It also helps you tolerate them a bit more when they are a pain (i.e. remembering the days they were cute little sweethearts).
- Quality That Lasts a Lifetime Professional lab prints are of a much better quality than DIY home prints. The poor quality of ink and paper of these DIY prints are not made to sustain a long lifespan. They will fade and deteriorate, whereas professional lab prints last forever. These days professional prints are also much cheaper and are actually easier on your pocket than home printing.
- It's Cheap & Easy Printing pics cost as little as R5 a pop and printing them has become even easier with "WhatsApp 2 Print" By Creative Photo Lab. All you do is send us your pics and we print them. You also have an option of pick up or delivery.